* SAFETY FIRST – Never run to or at any dog. However tempting, do not pet a dog without asking permission first. Often people have spent hours grooming their dog. Other dogs may be nervous at shows or may not be used to crowds or children.
* Strollers are not allowed near any dogs. Small children can make sudden (albeit innocent) moves, which can startle a dog and the reaction, equally as sudden, could be tragic. If you bring a stroller, be careful that you do not run over any dog's tails or that your child does not grab or poke the dogs it can reach.
* Watch where your step. Make sure you don’t step on any feet or tails.
* No prong training collars on show grounds.
* If you bring your dog please make sure it is under control. Ask before approaching another dog.
* Leashes are a must. No flexi-leashes. No leashes over 6 feet long.
* Most important is, IF YOUR DOG LEAVES IT, YOU CLEAN IT.
* We ask you take home all your litter, as we have no garbage removal at this site.
I-495 E/Long Island Expy to EXIT 56 toward NY-111/Smithtown/Islip
Turn left onto Wheeler Rd/NY-111. Continue to follow NY-111.
Go 1.66 miles, at the school, Turn left onto Hauppauge Rd/NY 111
Go .37 miles Turn Right onto major intersection of Smithtown Byp/NY-347
Go 1.9 miles Turn Left onto Terry RD, there will be a Chase Bank on your right
Go .6mile Turn Left onto E Main St/NY-25
Travel .29 mile and Smithtown Historical Society 239 E Main St will be on your Right
AKC Champion Dog Show
Friday Sept 29th & Saturday Sept 30th
General Admission starting at 8:30 AM ending after Best In Show competition (approx 3:00PM)
Rain or Shine
Long Island's Largest Canine Event
For vendor inquires call 631 277-2201
Smithtown Historical Society
239 E Main St
Smithtown, NY 11787
Friday Sept 29th - AKC Champion Dog Show starts at 8:30AM, no other activities on Friday.
Saturday Sept 30th - AKC Champion Dog Show starts at 8:30AM. Bring your family dog to try out the Free beginner agility "My Dog Can Do That" course starts at 9:30AM. Your whole family will enjoy the agility demonstration, 4-6 month puppy conformation, information booth, food and shopping.
Admission $10 per person/$20 per carload
Direction From Port Jefferson Ferry
Exit Ferry onto W Broadway
Go .16 miles make Left onto Barnum Ave.
Go .42 miles make Right onto Main St/NY-25A
Stay straight road name changes to Patchogue Rd/NY-112
In 1.52 miles make a Right on to Nesconset Hwy/NY-347
Go 6.5 miles make right onto NY-25/Middle County Rd
Travel 2.34 miles to Smithtown Historical Society 239 E Main St will be on your Right