All Breed Sweeps Rules:
Entries limited to Champions, major pointed dogs & Veterans
(8yrs & older).
40% of entry fees awarded to Groups 1st winners
10% of entry fees awarded to Best In Show
No ribbons or trophies awarded.
Directions to Smithtown Historical Society 239 E Main St
I-495 E/Long Island Expy to EXIT 56 toward NY-111/Smithtown/Islip
Turn left onto Wheeler Rd/NY-111. Continue to follow NY-111.
Go 1.66 miles, at the school, Turn left onto Hauppauge Rd/NY 111
Go .37 miles Turn Right onto major intersection of Smithtown Byp/NY-347
Go 1.9 miles Turn Left onto Terry RD, there will be a Chase Bank on your right
Go .6mile Turn Left onto E Main St/NY-25
Travel .29 mile and Smithtown Historical Society will be on your Right
Look for Dog Show sign to turn right into 211 Middle Country RD
AKC Scent Work Trial
Click here Information Booklet with directions, how to enter , times and list of judges
Sunday July 29th
Rain or Shine
Admission Free Donations Accepted
Big Apple Sporting Society B Match
Big Apple Working Group Fun Match
* SAFETY FIRST – Never run to or at any dog. However tempting, do not pet a dog without asking permission first. Often people have spent hours grooming their dog. Other dogs may be nervous at shows or may not be used to crowds or children.
* Strollers are not allowed near any dogs. Small children can make sudden (albeit innocent) moves, which can startle a dog and the reaction, equally as sudden, could be tragic. If you bring a stroller, be careful that you do not run over any dog's tails or that your child does not grab or poke the dogs it can reach.
* Watch where your step. Make sure you don’t step on any feet or tails.
* No prong training collars on show grounds.
* If you bring your dog please make sure it is under control. Ask before approaching another dog.
* Leashes are a must. No flexi-leashes. No leashes over 6 feet long.
* Most important is, IF YOUR DOG LEAVES IT, YOU CLEAN IT.
* We ask you take home all your litter, as we have no garbage removal at this site.
Smithtown Historical Society 239 E Main St
What is a Canine Experience Event?
A Canine Experience is a multi-club, multi-sport event that introduces and welcomes dog owners to and educates them about the sport of dogs. The day-long event features educational presentations and provides an opportunity for potential owners to be mentored by experienced exhibitors and club members prior to an afternoon match, during
which new exhibitors and future fanciers practice their newly learned skills.”
Last year we had over 200 exhibitors, of those 54 were new exhibitors to our sport, with over 500 spectators.